Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Little Big Band

I joined an old friend tonight and sat in with the Jazz Band he's been playing with for a while. The band is called the "Little Big Band". We played simpler jazz arrangements of big band hits of the 40s (mainly). There are eight members, and the arrangements we played are mostly three part harmonies.

The music was fairly simple, which is good because they are fine with me performing with them one week from tonight at Zeppi's Pizza.

I don't know much about where they play or how often they perform, but the guys were very nice, very laid back, and they seemed to have a lot of fun. They're mostly retired, so just doing this for fun. Seems like a pretty pleasant way to get back into playing Big Band Jazz in front of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am interested in any and all feedback! However, I reserve the right to block or delete comments that I believe constitute "spam". That does not mean I won't respect disagreement.